Monday, July 28, 2008

Peace and Unity

I always feel like I can never say enough.

Like no matter how many times I raise my voice and yell and block traffic they will just keep doing what they're doing.

There has to be a better way.

Many who know me know that I am a huge fan of direct action. Having taken part in a protest in Olympia that effectively shut down a port shipping military equipment for hours a time and days on end I saw what effect these sorts of actions can truly have.

Here in Southern California where I currently reside I simply don't see these actions taking place. Many have argued that we just don't have the sort of support that one would need to truly have an impact in this way.

Well I say they're wrong. Building support by performing actions can be a wonderful way to attract people to contribute to a cause. There is no need to wait for them to come to you. Put your self out there and you just wait and see how many people come up to say that they want to help.

Some have also said that to perform such actions would present a bad face to the media or to the politicians. To hell with them both. They got me into this mess they are not going to get me out. Democrat, Republican, journalist, whatever. They have all shown a general disregard for truly stopping this brutal occupation. If they don't like what I'm doing, oh well. I'm not interested in making good headlines or connections. I'm interested in saving lives.

At some point everyone has to make a choice.

Do I care about "blank" enough to take my time and resources and so everything I can to stop it, start it, whatever.

If it takes until the day I die, I will help stop this war.

Short of violence and breaking various laws, this has to be what matters. This has to be what is on my mind, because this is my friends lives. This is other people's lives. This is a trio of nations whose health and welfare are at stake.

And I can't rest knowing that something can be done.

Peace and Unity

No comments:

Adverts