Thursday, July 24, 2008

Barry Goldwater Jr.

So I had very interesting experience today. I met Barry Goldwater Jr. He came into the office to meat the owner of the company I work for. So I did some looking into the man. He is very very good at hiding is personal opinions from public view. However, he has chosen to publicly endorse Ron Paul for president and while I have some issues with that man's stances I still like a lot of what he has to say. It is my hopes then that Mr. Goldwater is an opponent of the war in Iraq. He would seem to be having decided to support an anti-war candidate.

Unfortunately I was working when I was with him so I couldn't really bring up the topic I wanted to. There wouldn't have been time anyways as billionaire's (like the owner of my company) don't like to be kept waiting and I'm sure that Mr. Goldwater was on a fairly busy schedule as well. Otherwise I was raring to talk to him about Iraq.

I think I will now make it a goal to contact this man (he lives in a neighboring state so not too far) and see what he has to say about Iraq and about IVAW. If nothing else he would be an amazing person to have this sort of conversation with, even if he is a Republican. Searches for news related to him did show me that hardcore conservatives don't like him, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned.

All in all what I did see of him he was a nice man, very polite and not at all degrading in how he spoke or acted around me even though I am just a lowly worker bee. So for now I'll go with he's not a bad guy.

No comments:

Adverts